Worksop Half Marathon 2021 Refunds and Cancellation Policy
No refund can be given if the race has to be cancelled or if you are no longer able to take part. Please understand that your entry fee is invested in the cost of staging the event, including for timing systems, sanitation, traffic management, administration etc.
In fairness to runners who can no longer compete for whatever reason, it is our policy to offer ‘Deferred Entry’ into the following year's Worksop Half Marathon to applicants who cancel their entry on or before 10th October 2021. There is no charge to do this. To qualify for Deferred Entry into the 2022 Worksop Half Marathon, you must fill out and submit an Entry Deferral Form
- We are unable to respond in any way to deferral queries made after the deadline has passed and there will be absolutely NO exceptions.
- Entrants who have already deferred from the previous year are not permitted to defer again. They can, however, transfer their entry to another runner. Please see the Entry Transfers information below.
- If you are no longer able to take part, you may transfer your number to another runner. There is no charge to do this. We will require an Entry Transfer Form contaning the details of the runner taking your place. The deadline for transfers is Wednesday 20th October 2021.
- Please note that once the t-shirt orders have been placed, the new entrant will receive the t-shirt size requested by the original entrant.
- We are unable to process transfers after this deadline and there will be no transfers on the day.
Please do not pass your number to another runner without completing the transfer process. Any runner who takes part with a race number that has not been officially transferred will be disqualified and removed from the results. Running in someone else's race number can have very serious consequences if the runner suffers a medical emergency – there have been cases in other parts of the country where event organisers and the emergency services have been unable to identify or contact families of runners who have suffered potentially life-threatening conditions whilst using someone else's race number. The accuracy of the race results is also affected when runners are placed in the wrong age and sex category.
Duplicate entries made in genuine error will be refunded in full.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel applications, including duplicate applications, or to alter the date of the event, the course route or distance.
Runners are not permitted to take part in the event without an official race number.
Discounted UK Athletics Entries
Discounted UK Athletics Affiliated entries will only be available to athletic club members with paid up affiliation to their home country athletics association (England Athletics, Welsh Athletics, Scottish Athletics or Athletics Northern Ireland for the current competition year 2021/22 at time of entry.