Worksop Half Marathon Privacy and Security Policy
**Updated on 24th May 2018 in accordance with GDPR Compliance**
Worksop Half Marathon respects your privacy and will not sell or make available in any way your personal information except where specific permission has been given. The nature of the services provided by Worksop Half Marathon means that we may obtain certain information about you. This statement sets out the principles governing our use of your data. By registering to use the services and by using the Worksop Half Marathon website generally, you agree to this use. Our guidelines regarding the use of your data are as follows:
When we gather personal information:
- When you create an account or make an entry purchase via our online store, we will ask you to provide certain data. This data includes your name, email address, contact details, sex and date of birth.
- We will store this data and use it to create a race entry, contact you, provide you with details of services and otherwise for the normal use and improvement of the site, unless you have asked us not to do so.
- We may also use the data you provide us in response to surveys and to aggregate user profiles. For the avoidance of doubt, Worksop Half Marathon will not pass data to any third parties except to enable you to receive information you have requested to be sent to you by post (we will disclose your address).
- To enable us to monitor and improve the site, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, and the details of the website you came from.
- Google Analytics is used to track website trends without identifying individual visitors. The cookie used by Google Analytics stores information such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to Worksop Half Marathon.
- Our site may link to other websites and we are not responsible for their data policies or procedures or their content.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing online over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in wilful default.
Any details that you provide to us from which we can identify you are protected by the Data Protection Act.
How to Opt Out of Marketing Material
If you do not wish to receive any further email marketing material from us please click the "unsubscribe" link found in all marketing emails. Please allow a few days for the request to process.